Chairperson of the Commission
Judge Ian Gordon Farlam,
Retired judge of the Supreme Court of Appeal
Born 14-06-1939 in Cape Town South Africa
- Judge, Supreme Court of Appeal, 2001
- Judge, Supreme Court of Appeal, December 1997 - November
- Judge, Cape of Good Hope Provincial Division, Cape Town,
- Member of the Cape Bar, 1968 - 1993
- Senior Public Prosecutor, Magistrate's Court Port Elizabeth,
1962 - 1964
- Public Prosecutor, Magistrate's Court Cape Town, 1961 - August
- University of Cape Town, BA - Bachelor of Arts
- University of Cape Town, Bachelor of Laws, 1961
Activities & Memberships:
- South African Law Journal, Member of the Editorial Board
Advocate Pingla Devi Hemraj, SC
Admitted as an Advocate in South Africa on 1 July 1980.
as an Advocate in Lesotho in July 1999.
Appointed Senior Counsel
on 20 April 2000.
Called to the Bar at Grays Inn in the United
Kingdom on 25 July 2002.
- Practice at the Bar in Durban.
- Prosecuted for the Department of Justice in Scottburgh,
Johannesburg and High Court in Durban
- Prosecuted on brief from the office of the Director of
Public Prosecutions in the Kingdom of Lesotho.
- Acting Judge on various occasions from April 2000, in
the High Courts of Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Port Elizabeth
- Appointed Chairperson of the Taxi Tribunal by the Minister
of Transport in KZN.
- First Black woman to take silk in KZN and most senior
woman at the Bar.